Regrettably, even the most attentive homeowners may experience fire or flooding in their homes. In the last few years, however, it’s been possible to reduce that risk with intelligent home devices which can detect danger before it has time to wreak havoc on your home.
These devices are attached to a Wi-Fi system and also send you alerts via your smartphone if it detects something dangerous. Here are some smart devices you’ll have in your house to help prevent water damage and fire disasters. Click this link for more information.
Water Leak Detectors
- These compact battery-operated devices are put near plumbing fixtures and appliances, such as bathrooms, sinks, bathtubs, and water heaters.
- It is possible to set up them to immediately sound an alarm or alarm your smart phone (or both), if a leak occurs. This permits you to act fast, whether you are at home or away.
- Some smart leak detectors include automatic shut-off valves which you can control remotely.
- For more control and protection, install a comprehensive flood monitoring system, which you can connect to a smart home security program.
Smoke and CO Alarms
- These devices send an alert to your smartphone should they discover smoke or carbon monoxide (CO), or if the device has a low battery.
- If you connect them to a smart home security system, it can send alerts to your smartphone and the fire department in an emergency.
- Some smart smoke detectors can shut off your HVAC system when it finds smoke. This prevents smoke from spreading to other areas of the house.
- Use them in conjunction with fire/heat sensors for the very best protection against flame.
- Smart fire detectors send an alert to your smartphone when:
- there’s a rapid increase in temperature (rate-of-rise detection) or
- the temperature reaches a predetermined point
- You can opt for combination heat detectors that offer both stationary and rate-of-rise detection
- They can also be attached to your fundamental security system for better management and protection.
- If you don’t want to substitute regular smoke alarms with intelligent ones, equip them with intelligent batteries.
- Smart batteries send instant smartphone upgrades if one of the smoke detectors goes off or when the battery is low.
- These batteries are compatible with smoke and CO sensors, in addition to fire detectors.
Oven Shut-off Devices
- As unattended cooking is the main cause of home fires, an automatic toaster shut-off device can greatly help to avoidpuroclean.com/blog/how-to-avoid-kitchen-fires/”> kitchen fires.
- They come as oven knobs or as devices set up to a kitchen cabinet. It does so by using a motion sensor that can tell if you are in the kitchen. Should you leave the kitchen, then the system starts a timer and, if you’re not back in the kitchen from the end of the countdown, it is going to shut the oven off.
- These are electrical outlets which you can turn off remotely through an app on your smartphone. That helps if you’ve left home and are worried you forgot to close off an appliance or perhaps your own lights.
- Smart sockets may be voice controlled in case you’ve connected them to smart devices like Google Home and Amazon Echo.
Even with all the proper safety measures in place, disasters may nevertheless happen. If this happens, call the professionals to assist you get your home and life back on course. For skilled fire damage restoration and water damage restoration, then contact your regional PuroClean office. To learn more about PuroClean, visit their website.